Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Parenting Moment? Really Dr. Phil? The problem with your post is that your "opinion" is simply that, "your opinion". If I'm reading correctly, your son did not even make the "showcase" game? So maybe a little introspective reasoning might be a good start that maybe he didn't do as well as "YOU" think he did, or he would have at least had the opportunity to show his talents in the final deciding event. As far as "players passing by those who were thought to be the best"?, let's all just sit back and wait to see if the players who "continue" to dominate prove their "universal" talent when recruiting begins. Best of luck to you and your son.

The whole point of this discussion about Brine is the way some not all players were chosen. Explain to me this, how can a player that had a crap tryout really a crap tryout who was on the same line as my son be chosen to play in the final game. He wears a certain helmet can answer that. A few people did mention how well my son played and actually were surprised he wasn't chosen to at least be in the final game. Then another player who also wears a certain helmet wasn't even chosen to be in final game is named an alternate over other players who were in the final game. Please explain.

As for my son I am very proud of the fact he made it this far and he understands on his own that sh** happens. Long Island is a hot bed for lacrosse and people as myself are very passionate about it. When your kid works hard shows well and other kids are chosen for reasons other than their play it leaves a very bad taste in your mouth. As one poster said its better to discuss on the thread than kick the family dog or punch someone in the face. It is just a discussion of some of the things that just didn't sit right with many. I am not the only one who made this observation based on all that is being said about it on the site.

I think you are all missing the point here. The team was picked back in November. It didn't matter if your kid did or did not make the "showcase game". Everyone knows who the best players are. Especially all the kids who play with and against them. There should be no sour grapes about the top 23 kids that were picked. Those kids are the best, whether you like it or not. Sorry...