Originally Posted by Anonymous
Okay, 600 kids across 5 regions only the top 120 make it to Jake Reed.

How many do you think will come from each region? Do you really think all the other regions are horrible? are 80-90% going to come from MId Atlantic

FOGO is the position where the hot beds excel significantly. To reach top level requires skill specific coaching which is hard to find outside the hot beds. At all other position I find it highly doubtful a single region out paces the others. This is an athletes game and there are athletes everywhere. LI does not have a monopoly on athleticism.

You also need to double check which states are in the region - It is not like there were a lot of Mississippi and Louisiana kids in the South - It was a lot of MD, VA, FL

I will concede Mid Atlantic is probably the top, my guess is Jake will be:
25% Mid Atlantic
20% South
20% North East
17.5% Midwest
17.5% West

2018 parents. Just a warning of advice. My 2017 son went to 3D Mid-Atlantic and was one of the 120 kids that made and played in Jake Reed during the summer. 3D Blue Chip was a good experience as was Jake Reed. It was a good experience because (1) it was fund for my kid (2) it gave him and his parents a chance to generally see where he stacked up and (3) it gave him some experience in a "showcase" situation which is invaluable as they enter their freshman year's as playing in showcases is very different than playing on their club teams and getting used to them helps a kid be more prepared for the next one. At Jake Reed last summer, there were very few college coaches because of IMCLA's guidance to stay away until they are officially in H.S. What I have learned since. Jake Reed for rosining freshman does help some of the boys "get on the radar" of college coaches. But Jake Reed is becoming more diluted in the 9/10/11th grades as they take 240 kids (not like ONLY 120 in the rising freshman year) and coach perception is that Jake Reed is being diluted. It still matters to get a direct (rather than having to make it there through the 3D camps) as a 9/10/11th grade but Maverick is without a doubt the most important showcase in the summer (over Jake Reed) and Philly Individual Showcase has become the most important in the Fall for freshman, Additionally, Fall tournaments if you play on a high caliber club team are critical and prospect days have become more and more important. Punchline is that Jake Reed is not the be all and end all and in fact has become diluted in the eyes of the coaches so don't fret too much over it. This is coming from a parent whose kid has made it 2 years in a row (current 2017).