Originally Posted by Anonymous
Everyone needs to just relax. A blogger wrote about a few players at a showcase event. He couldn't write about everyone and picked a few from different positions. This was a very tough region probably the toughest of all the 3DBC regions. To be mentioned in the main body is a nice accomplishment and then to be in the honorable mention area is also great. Why must parents take it to the level where they bash kids. My son was there played very well wasn't mentioned but I couldn't be happier for the Kuttin family and all the other Long Island boys mentioned. It was a great event my son will do it again. Thought the coaching was great and the overall talent was exceptional. It was a great barometer to see how your child played when placed in a new team style concept. Most of the boys from Long Island play on the same teams or play against each other. Amazing as it sounds they were all friends before and will be friends after this event. My son commented how nice the players from Dukes, Patriots, Building Blocks and other teams were. Parents just get over the petty b.s. you construe in your own heads. Let the boys have fun being kids and playing the game they love.

Nice post. It is so true how they all are friends. My older son has attended several of these showcases. He has developed frienships from all over the country, they all chat constantly. They support each other and congratulate each other on their commitments. Lacrosse players belong to a true brotherhood. They parents are way more anxious and competitive than the kids.