Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not every kid from NY is better than every kid from down south. The LI Express FOGO played really really well. The other Express players blended in. I was surprised to see so many Express, but glad they were there.

Don't forget there were MD Crabs and the VA kids are really DC suburb Madlax/VLC etc...

My guess is that this was probably the 2nd strongest weekend.

Several standout players not from NY and not all older holdbacks either

Please don't take it as I am saying there are not good players down south. There are a ton of great athletes down there but their choice of sport has not been lacrosse as it has been for generations on the North East. It's just the talent pool isn't as deep in the south. So if your a LI kid at the south regional you have let's say a 70% chance of going vs a weaker player so you look better. In the Mid Atlantic you have only a 20% chance of going against a weak player. It's that simple. You brought up the Express FOGO he didn't have to go against the Extremes face off guys and fl$ guy. Not a knock but how did he do against them when they played at Mitchell Field. I was there and saw the games. Please tell me what you saw.

I see that some were assigned to different regions and I can assume it's because the position was full as you can see on the 3D website.