Originally Posted by Anonymous
Now that the boys are back from 3D Blue Chip. What are people's opinions and how did the LI boys do in the Mid Atlantic Region tryout.

Here is a review of how some of the locals played this weekend:

Ryan Schaeffer, A, Bellport (N.Y.) / LI Jesters / #209
Schaeffer was one of the more skilled attackmen over the last two camps, generating a ton of points for his squad. Could move well without the ball and carry while making excellent decisions, finishing many of his shots after separating turning the corner or from the outside. Did a nice job riding too.

Nick Filipelli, M, Chaminade (N.Y.) / fl$ / #158
Liked this two-way athlete, especially the way he surveyed the field from his spot up top, constantly looking for cutting teammates or using a split or rollback to get his hands free for a shot. Have to also give a shoutout to teammate and high school rival Keller Jacobs (St. Anthony's, N.Y.) for some nice plays throughout the two days of games.

Lucas Capobianco-Hogan, LSM/D, Mt. Sinai (N.Y.) / Tenacious Turtles / #137
While he'll need to work on his foot speed to match up with athletic attackmen, I like the upside on the Long Island D guy. His size is excellent, the tenacity he shows when staying all over hands is impressive and his off-ball work is steady. With some polish, he'll be recruit that is very much in demand a year or so from now.

Jensen Corabi, M, Half Hollow Hills West (N.Y.) / Team 91
A strong outside shooter, Corabi went to the rack hard all weekend, unleashing an accurate shot and showing great play between the lines. He's rather small height-wise and needs to bulk up but I was impressed with him nonetheless.

Jason Intermesoli, A, Sayville (N.Y.) / Team LI / #180
Given his ability to catch and finish virtually everything, I'm fully convinced that Intermesoli must have some sort of Canadian in him. Paired with Munro's feeds, the offense of the Spencer Ford-coached squad was outstanding. The kid showed flashes of dodging but has a really good stick around the crease, a quality that recruiters will eat up.

Sean Kuttin, M, St. James (N.Y.) / Team 91 / #166
I'd received a text from a source on Long Island about the prowess of Kuttin (who will attend Chaminade next year, I'm told) and those expectations were surpassed. A super-skilled dodger, Kuttin gave the opposition fits with some excellent plays and a fantastic lacrosse IQ for his age. Also possesses a great burst of speed, a wiggle in his step when beating his man and some nifty fakes.