Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ty Xanders made a comment about parents who whine about holdbacks/late starters whatever..

Thinks it funny--the complaining...

Just get better.

When we were younger, the better players whether late birthdays or hold backs always played their age (Vitual Reality cals it playing up) not their grade. At least those who had aspirations of ever playing in collage regardless of the sport.

Why aren't the coaches telling the players "sure, hold back and we will have a spot but you better play at the level..." a level that challenges you the most. I don't get it

wont they be playing against a year older in college anyway

Yep have a kid with a spring birthday (young) 2017 with offers, as do many of his age appropriate team mates and friends. The only hold back with an offer I know probably needed to stay back because of grades. I don't understand why a parent would think a kid who can't hack 9th grade will do well at a competitive school playing a D1 sport.

I think certain clubs like to make sure they always win. If that means bringing in ringers, or holding back, or both, so be it. It is good for business. Who cares if some of the holdbacks waste time and money and end up not playing at the level they were promised. Club owners have a big reputation and money in the bank.

If parents want to buy into it to say their kid plays D1 lax, so be it. Just remember it will be difficult to get a ringer to take Junior's SATs, get him of his suspension for drinking or fix his GPA. The option, suggesting your kid work harder, train harder and hit the books is difficult for some to imagine so the open a checkbook instead.