Originally Posted by Anonymous
The crabs 2020 team that played in NPYLL had holdbacks. I know kids on that team. The crabs 2020 team that played at Beach Lax most certainly had holdbacks - so - actually I do know what I am talking about.

Crabs cheat. Its a fact.

My point is, kids that repeat grades in elementary school do so for academic reasons based on their test scores when they apply to these schools. I agree that the kids repeating 8th grade are taking advantage of the system. The NPYLL 2020 crabs do not have any kids that repeated a grade for lacrosse reasons. It was wrong what they did at Beach Lax. We'll see what happens in Denver

if kids repeat a grade for academic reasons they shouldn't be playing against kids who are a year younger. The NPYLL 2020 players who repeated a grade for academic reasons should be playing 2019!

That makes no sense. Why would they play 2019 when they graduate in 2020?

Because their age dictates their true grade should be 2019. You are okay with a bunch of kids that have been held back for "academic" reasons playing kids a year or in some cases 2 years younger than them? Dangerous and an unfair advantage regardless of what the parents want everyone else to believe their reason for holding back. If it was purely for academic reasons they would play with their original grade on club so as to maintain their sports finesse, remain competitive etc. with kids their own age but instead take the easy way out by playing down.