Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why do you people cry about kids being 1 year older on these teams. We all want our kids to get better and play the best. And guess what when they get to high school they will play kids 3 or 4 years older then them. Get over it. The other funny thing is most of these people on here are the same people who have aged there kid up a level at some point in some league because they wanted them to get better.

Not sure who is complaining

The Crabs 2021 team is made up of 5th graders regardless of age. Because of this, they need to play in the HoCo/MYLA league instead of NPYLL

Come tournament time, they will have to find grade based tournaments instead of age based ones, or they can move up to U13A

I don't think they are trying to hide anything. Many people think grade based teams down to the youth level are the future of lacrosse

in my opinion grade based teams keep the age disparity at a minimum or at least the same as U11,13,15. yes there are families that hold back their kids in Kindergarten or 1st grade. Most are kids with summer bdays. and I don't know any that are held back two years. Maybe there are but I'd hope that's rare. So when you're in a grade based tournament (most have separate divisions for each grade) the bulk of kids will be in about 15 month window. Tournament that are age-based it's a double year division ie u13, u15. So you can have teams made up of predominately older kids for the age group vs teams with mostly younger kids. I've coached in leagues/tournaments with both and I think the grade based has been the best in terms of matching up size and skill