Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who is a hold back on FCA 2020? Do they have any players repeating 9th grade this year?

Don't know if they have holdback so, though probably do, but they definitely have kids who went to pre-first!

My kids did an extra year of kindergarten. I knew then, when they were 6, that they would be lacrosse players and I wanted them to have an advantage. It had nothing to do with the school suggesting it based on where they were academically.

That's fine for your kids but you do realize they play younger kids. If they played hockey they wouldn't be playing with their classmates. I suspect if lax is going to go anywhere, the birthdate rule will eventually be enforced. Right now lax is like the red headed step child- if people considered it a true sport- we'd see rules and regulations about age cut offs, player cards, rosters and releases etc.

I held a late Nov son back but our cut off is 12/1. He's not interested in lax but does play football and hockey and he gets by just fine playing with kids not in his grade, but based on his age. It's a patent prerogative to do what is best for their kid academically but that doesn't have to carry over into sports.

True,Hockey is the fastest growing sport in America.