Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Of course college coaches aren't looking at U13 and younger. But the clubs want their teams to play together from a young age. Why do you think Hawks and other clubs have 2nd grade teams? All three of my kids go to private school and all are on age. Will I like it if one of them loses their spot to holdback eventually? Of course not. But that's part of the deal. That's why there are a lot of options out there. Crabs shouldn't apologize for what they do. That's the way the game is played. Should they tell the kids/parents that they can't play on their grades team? Crabs has some kids that are holdbacks that play on an older grade team also but that never gets mentioned. It all comes off as a bunch of whining. If your kid didn't make it go find somewhere else. There are lots of good options.

You are a apologist for cheating. This is not the way the game is supposed to be played. Ever heard of fairplay in youth sports? Letting select kids play down due to being held back at youth level is cheating. Holdbacks and reclassing kids has been going on in Maryland for more than the last two years. But some reason now it is needed. Crabs and all the other teams did fine for years without cheating at youth level. But now the apologists like you make up many reasons why we need it, coaches want it, Hawks do it, my kids can handle it, go somewhere else, etc,etc...In your book morals arent needed, just results..

So you tell me. Where should these kids play club lacrosse? Do you think if a holdback 8th grader went to Breakers or FCA they would be told they need to play up on the 9th grade team? Of course not. Crabs isn't allowing these kids to repeat grades or go to prefirst. The schools allow it and in the case of prefirst, promote it for kids with spring/summer birthdays. So Crabs needs to be the ones to stand up and say "No!!! We aren't taking these kids because they went to prefirst and they should be a grade higher." Get real. The fact is these kids want to play for crabs. If they all wanted to play for Breakers this conversation would be on their thread.