People advocating this grade based system over an age based system for club play will say anything and always duck answering this question: if we are going to have teams by each year, what is the argument against age based for club tournaments and rec leagues?

Lining up against you is 1. fairness, 2. safety of the kids, 3. grade based teams can go onwards where they fit, which is in scholastic sports, and 4. a kid who was held back for education and non-sports developmental reasons can play school ball with his classmates and not be socially tarnished or stigmatized as a "lacrosse reclassified". I have a son who repeated first grade because of months to recover from serious car accident internal injuries. He is big for his age, and frankly I am sick and tired of him being looked at and down on as a reclassified kid.

The way the Crabs argue this point back is sickening to me as the parent of my son. Don't ever tread on the point that "well, there are SOME kids who flunked a grade or had a physical or mental developmental problem" so teasing a lacrosse reclassified kid is sort of like teasing an invalid, and that is the unsporting thing. Screw you McClernan. My son is not an A lister lacrosse recruit, but he is tough. He learned to walk again when he was 6. Your lacrosse reclassified kids are, for lack of a better term, sissies who don't belong on the same breath as my son.