Originally Posted by Anonymous

I don't know which school "which one" referred to, but my son is in 8th grade at BL. There is one kid repeating 8th grade in his class that plays for Crabs. There was a kid that was in his class that is repeating 7th grade this year, but he does not play for Crabs. None of the prefirst kids play for Crabs. They play for MLC, FCA, Greene Turtle and Koopers. My other son is in 5th grade at BL and more than half of that class went to prefirst. My son is the only one in the class that plays for Crabs and he did not go to prefirst. The prefirst kids play for Greene Turtle and a couple other clubs.

So yes, Crabs parents are going to ask for the numbers. I'm not arguing that Crabs has some over age kids. My son's team has 5. But, I know for a fact that other teams have the same amount. Looneys, Breakers, FCA, Greene Turtle all have several prefirsts. Yet it's Crabs that "encourages and promotes" this? Many of those kids tried out for Crabs and didn't make it.

Again, as a parent of on age kids, I don't like it. But, Crabs is single out in this and they are far from the only club taking advantage of the system.

Can you also understand how people reading " over half his classmates were held back" get taken aback. OVER HALF his class. And that is common because my son goes to another school where over half were held back in his grade. It is crazy.. Many have lacrosse pedigrees in their blood. Isnt it a wonder why many teams from other areas look at MD with a tainted view. This whole prefirst thing has gotten out of control. I also think early recruiting has kicked it up a notch.