Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'd like to the crabs field teams without holdbacks and see how great they are...

Results would be dramatically different

I am not sure that they would be and I say that as a parent of a son on a team that regularly plays the Crabs. The sad thing is, we will never know. My son's club team is truly a not for profit entity. We do not have a for profit side that puts on tournaments. We simply field the most competitive teams possible in each grad year. The difference between my son's club and the Crabs is the Crabs is a business. If the Crabs don't do what they are doing with regard to reclassifying, and playing kids down like they did at Beach Lax (shame on you Aloha), and they start to lose, the business suffers. It is as simple as that. Sadly, I am seeing boys that I know and that my son knows lose their spots on the 7th, 8th and 9th grade Crab's teams because older boys are reclassifying and now playing down and taking their spots. In almost every case, a Crab's team comprised of on age kids would be very, very competitive. Due to the fact that they can't afford to lose, we likely won't ever see those teams on the field.