Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
In this case, there is a rule against it, from the BeachLax rules page...

Placement on a grade based team (2018AA, 2019AA, 2020AA and 2021AA) is dictated by the highest grade of any player on the team.
Any team in violation of the above roster rules will forfeit all games in which the ineligible player has participated and forfeit any opportunity to advance to the playoffs.

Given that there were documented current 8th graders on the Crabs team they were clearly in violation. What say you Aloha?!?

i guess since they didn't specify 7th grade on 14-15 school year not technically against the rules as they are going into 8th grade. But that is weak and against the spirit of youth sports - or at least they way it should be. Hopefully tournaments will add in "2020 during current or proceeding calendar year" Watching the game I was rooting for Crabs but then hearing they pulled reclassing 8th graders - I wish 91 won.

It was a really good game. IN the long run probably good for the 91 kids to have competitive games, learn how to win close games etc. Crabs goalie made a fantastic save on their lefty attack.

i hadn't seen crush in a few years. i remember them being really big playing our rec team in laxsplash as u11. They had a few big kids this weekend but generally not a big team. So give credit were credit is due - they've been dominant based on talent and hard work. And not bigger faster stronger OLDER.

They kind of did...

"Placement on a grade based team (2018AA, 2019AA, 2020AA and 2021AA) is dictated by the highest grade of any player on the team."

The kids in question have just finished 8th grade, they played 2019 this past year. They will repeat 8th grade next season and play as 2020.

While they have their own issues, I see Crush as a talented group of kids who have worked very hard to get where they are. Can't say the same for Crabs.