Originally Posted by Anonymous
Tryout season is coming so . . .

- How many are considering coming to the Crabs tryouts and why?

- How many are considering NOT coming to the Crabs and why not?

Not- hard to teach kids about fair play, good sportsmanship etc. and then let them be on a cheating team full of holdbacks whose only purpose is to win at all costs. No thank you. Not worth 4 years of college "glory".

Or is it that junior is just not a good enough player... let's be honest, Dad.

Predictable response crabbie dad.
Hard to believe not everyone wants to be a Crab? Some parents do have other hopes for their kids including good character and morals and are strong enough to stay clear of the type of team Crabs is. Each team has a personality and that team is not a good match culture wise for our son and family. The poster asked, I responded. Do not need your opinion to know what is right for my child.

As a crab parent I can say you are way off base. As a whole, the crabs organization is full of great families and great kids. I personally am not a fan of the holdbacks in youth lacrosse, but that does not mean that the teams are full of a bunch of degenerates. The kids are coached very well and their off the field priorities such as school and being a responsible young man are drilled into them.

If you don't wan't your son to play on a team with holdbacks that's your choice. Just not sure where you are going to have your son play considering almost all the teams have at least one.

Good post