Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow. Can't wait til USL decides to enforce their recommendations and force U9, U11, U13. Will the whiners keep at it because of the 2 year spread in divisions? How will your 10 yr old ever compete against all those 11 year olds?

The yarn I heard from club owners including the Crabs owner was going to grade based teams allowed clubs to do more teams to meet the participation growth as opposed to the old U9, U-11, U13 &U15. None of those guys thought doing more teams by calendar year like soccer and ice hockey do was a good idea. I wouldn't have an issue with those age groups if it meant having A and B teams to do more teams.

So I'm a whiner? Why exactly, because I think it is an affront to sportsmanship and fairness to play down? The other side of my arguments are tough guy daddies. But you're not tough enough or strong enough to play in your own pond. What are you so afraid of if junior is a lacrosse savant...that playing against kids his own age is something worth fighting against? The argument against age based teams is nothing but a defense mechanism for lacrosse parents who have vanities to defend.