Originally Posted by Anonymous
I totally agree with this last statement. Your not getting any different coaching. Half the club coaches were the rec coaches.

Then shame on you for picking that club. There are plenty of clubs out there that have HS Varsity coaches coaching the club teams and not someone's daddy.

The way I see it, the travesty of the current environment is that parents of kids that aren't good enough to play for the top couple clubs, have to pay $1500+ for their kids to play lax with their friends instead of $150 to play rec. For most clubs, you aren't getting anything different then you did from rec. My rec council can no longer field anything above a B team and at Lightning they are only having multiple C teams. The real winners of this landscape are the club owners.

not sure club owners make a killing unless they also run tournaments -- madlax, Hogan, crabs. Events are were the money is

Several of the clubs run and own the tournaments.. Is there any YOUTH U15 and below that is not owned by a club team in Balt/Wash area ??