Originally Posted by Anonymous
Was at fl$ 3D this weekend and will never go back. They got greedy and added fields. One way in one way out. Had to jump out of car after waiting over an hour in traffic lined up for miles only to find a 12 year old directing traffic when you finally got into park. 700 cars lined up trying to get into a park nightmare. Only to get to field and no refs. They were stuck in traffic as well. Shortened games because of it. Ended up playing 3 games with 1 ref who didn't care and just wanted game over. 7am start times didn't help either NOT ONE COACH ATTENDED EARLY GAMES AND MANY DROVE AWAY ONCE THEY SAW TRAFFIC. ONE COACH ACTUALLY CALLED ME TO SAY SORRY BUT WASNT DEALING WITH IT.

We went down for both Crabfeast and for fl$ in 3d. I agree and was disappointed in each. This Summer was the first year that the brackets had at least two really crappy teams in them. fl$ in 3d, again more than 1/2 the teams were a joke. I think it dilutes the looks that tournament directors are hyping with their own tournaments. I understand the money side. Crabs and 3d should both consider straight up doing an elite session and then an all-comers second session. Maybe fewer all-comers show up because they only come to say they play Crabs or Dukes even though they lose 15-2, but putting those lopsided contests on the field is just as bad as what the earlier poster wrote about the 3d tournament being a giant mess. My kid ran from the Dunkin Donuts 1/4th of a mile away to the field. Otherwise he would have been at his game at game time instead of an hour early. I can't help but resent that no coach wants to sit and watch Saturday bracket games that are 15-2. Impossible to evaluate anything in those games, except that one team stinks and what good players do against bad teams means nothing like our high school season. It sounds like the only ones that did not go off like a greedy money grab were Adrenaline Platinum Cup and NSLCA which were the same weekend in June. Should have just done one of those and called it a Summer.