Originally Posted by Anonymous
I guess this is another question for everyone who loves there club owners and they all can do no wrong. If they have your kids best intrest at heart why are they not pulling out and saying we will not play these older "cheating" teams. I think that might be the bigger questions. As for your kid at risk of getting hurt you should pull him from the game and or team. You are the parent and its your child. So they might be cheaters but you are all chickens for not pulling your sons if there is a real fear on your part.

I'm the prior poster you replied to. I guess you are right, there is always the option of pulling a son out of a sport for fear of safety. Consider the equity in that statement though. My younger son will not play varsity as a freshman and is very unlikely to play more than club level lacrosse in college, but he has made great friends playing on a lacrosse team and he enjoys it. He would be worse off emotionally and self esteem wise if we pulled him out of lacrosse and told him to pick something else. He hates baseball and swimming, and I think would always resent being pulled away. But if there is a mercenary mentality that this is lacrosse, so get on or get off the bus the point is not going to be negotiable.

Does anyone on this board think that is just the way it goes, and too bad for a kid like this? Sure there is no rule yet against the Canadians assembling full play down teams, and there isn't a rule against gaming the grade based system for middle school aged kids in Maryland. And now the plain bottom line is families are in full "son needs to get noticed" recruiting mode prep in 7th grade now that kids are being recruited as 8th graders. There is a kid on my son's club 2019 team who is already making visits to colleges and this is not even into his 8th grade spring NPYLL league season. What about the middle school kids who would like to play for enjoyment and are humble and mature enough (or at least moreso than their parents) to know their chances of playing college lacrosse are low?

As parents are any of you really ok with a sport system where if you have a problem with your 12-13 year old son getting mauled by kids materially older, more mature and bigger then you should just leave and do something another sport?

Constructive comments most welcome. I am not trying to sell something, just trying to make a good decision for my son.