Originally Posted by Anonymous
You can't repeat a grade in public school unless you flunk a grade, and I doubt that is a widely practiced lacrosse strategy by upper class predominantly white households. You can do it in the private schools, and that is a private family choice. I posted "there is hardly such a thing" and the general point is true. Youth lacrosse is littered with kids playing down 1-2 years because youth teams are school year based and there isn't a rule against repeating grades. The natural order is to go to a lacrosse prep school, and then hopefully play college lacrosse.

I don't think it is real healthy to pick one kid as a specimen sample to go check his birth date on the internet to bring back a eureka discovery about finding an 18 year old MIAA senior. Good for the 18 year old MIAA seniors, if you are still out there. Mom and Dad saved a year of prep school tuition and the kid is off to college as wished for. But let's cut the Cagney & Lacey baloney people...Crabs 2019 or Madlax 2019 or FCA 2019, the broad point is that youth lacrosse is poisoned by this all the way down the youth ranks now. It really isn't too convincing at all to come back and say here are the couple of Crabs who are on age. That is about as weak as a 90%+ white prep school putting a picture of the token minority kids on the front page of the brochures. This sport is inches away from a 30 for 30 ESPN expose on how badly this has gone. The opening segment could be Dom Starsia interview, followed by what he does the next day(s) or week(s) not comporting at all with each other.

Do not paint FCA 2019 with the holdback/reclassified brush. To my knowlege, they have 2 or 3 kids born before Sept of 2000 and 4 or 5 are on-age-rising 8th graders.

I love the logic of we only have 2 and you have 4 and they have 6 so they are the bad guys and we are not. How many reclassed kids tried out for the FCA team I am guessing 2 or 3. That is the point tell me when your club had a reclass kid show up and the owners said you are to old please go play for the crabs. Then I will be impressed. Show me on your clubs website where it says only on age kids may play for my team. then you will get credit.

2 or 3 kids born before Sept of 2000. That does not mean that they have repeated a grade, just that they are old for their grade. My son was born in August of 2000 and I chose to have him be old for his grade 8 years ago, when he was in kindergarten. That is wildly different than repeating 8th grade or completely ignoring the rules and playing down a grade because you "are considering a PG year".

there is no difference. ethically and morally it is wrong for older kids to play in teams and in leagues with younger kids.

weather a child's parents chose for him to stay back a grade in kindergarten or 8th grade it is the same thing...older vs. younger!