Originally Posted by Anonymous
Crabs teams and tournaments have been on a downward trajectory for a couple years now. The 2015s are their last great team in the system now, but the 2018s may be great eventually. The growth of the game spreads more talent around, but another reason is the relative value of the Crabs strategy of encouraging holdbacks has been widely adapted by other clubs. It's a lot harder to be bigger, stronger and faster every time when you're not always older.

2018 Team is going to be VERY VERY GOOD.
Just getting used to each other and the sky is the limit.

All of the clubs have one money maker that is not that well attended by coaches.

So What.....

So what? Most 2017 and 2018 teams will go to two maybe three one day events in the fall and that's it. That is not a lot of lacrosse to leave on the field during the fall season which is all these kids have to show for in this recruiting cycle since college coaches can't see high school games because of their own season. For 1/2 or 1/3 of the fall to be a throw away because your club owner is doing his money grab, it is a very big deal. Especially when you are paying big bucks for these quaint affairs with five other middle tier teams and a few coaches while most of the action is in Philly. If I were a parent of a 2017 or 2018 Crab and my kid was stuck in the no looksie money grab while kids who played in Philly are getting all the looks and attention, I'd be furious. I think it speaks volumes that all the top clubs from this event last year skipped it this year leaving Crabs with themselves and their VLC step childs plus some middle fill teams.

You people are idiots. Crabs 2017 wasn't even at the Autumn Classic. They were however at the Dukes HHH Big Four last week and of course will be at the Baltimore Invitational this week. The 2018s played at a recruiting event at JHU against Team 91 and FCA last weekend. Maybe, Ryan just has better coneections and can get the teams into these smaller showcases. Just because they aren't at a tournament does not mean that the boys aren't being seen.