Originally Posted by Anonymous
The only people who I feel sorry for are the LI Dads who are obsessed over this non-topic.

What are you going to do in HS? Protest the game because the other team had some kids older than yours?

Grow a pair. You're telling your son that whenever he loses, it's because someone robbed him.

It is not just the LI parents. I am the parent of a 13 year old, 8th grader in Maryland and I am an opponent of holding a child back as well. If for academic reasons, you have my sympathies. If purely for sports, what lesson(s) are you teaching your child? You could not compete with your peers so we "fixed" things for you? The parents are feeding the entitlement syndrome that is so rampant in today's youth. Leave them where they belong and let them figure it out on their own; like your parents did for you and my parents did for me. The argument that they will play against older kids once in high school is totally invalid. The coaches decide if a 9th grader can compete with the upperclassmen. In this case, the parents are making the decision to put a 15 year old on the field with a 13 year old. The kids and parents in Baltimore all know each other. There is an inescapable stigma that a child will carry with him for repeating for sports only. I am embarrassed for the parents that do this and I am sure others are as well.

Do you people understand the concept of red shirting in college sports? Should these kids be embarrassed for themselves also?

Is it possible you can't understand the difference between College men redshirting, and a 15 year old physically mature young man playing down against 13 year old boys? That haven't even started puberty? You really need that explained to you? Of course you don't, that's the very reason why you held him back. Because he can't compete on age, and you know it.