Originally Posted by Anonymous
Look L.I. get an education and realize this holdback thing is a small cross section of MD private school kids. Attacking all of MD Lacrosse players happens to show your ignorance. It's ok though because we love to watch you clowns parade up and down the sidelines coaching your little superstar while making the entire tournament about you and not your son. Realize as you do the "village idiot act" on the sidelines we just laugh at you. Priceless.

PT has no holdbacks that I know of - a good team that had a great day. Does it mean they are better than 91? No, but that day they were.
People have to stop being surprised when certain clubs lose every once in a while. As the kids get older, the talent / size gaps will narrow.

Hard to be proud of Jr. when he is 2 years older than competition. In your heart you know he's an average 10th grader playing against 8th graders. I feel sorry for you MD types...

So how did T91 lose yesterday at Crabfeast, did Prime Time have an abundance of holdbacks or is there another "reason" for falling short.

While I am against holding back for the sake of a sport, I would love to see a true game played with kids the same ages on the field. Wonder what would happen if T91 matched each kid by birthdate with each kid from a holdback team. I think as someone pointed out earlier, once everyone takes advantage of the loop hole, there will be no more advantage. Holdback parents and directors of clubs that promote this, just may find themselves wishing they did not so proudly display their advantage because others might decide to jump on the bandwagon and then what????

So are you saying Prime Time has holdbacks, that is why they lost