Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
When do lacrosse parents and kids just give up? Never it seems. There are kids on Crabs 2016 who have already done the pre-first and / or repeat 8th grade, have needed to go through the prep school system in order to do all that, and still don't get recruited. No problem, commit to a PG year to drop down from 2016 to 2017 so that a college lacrosse coach will take you. Man, that is the extreme of the extremes. If you can't make a showing to stand out as a repeater, just keep spending $40K-$60K a year until it FINALLY works.

I love how you ask when will parent's just give up and then proceed to offer the same diatribe that has been spewed 1000 times on the subject. Great fresh spin

He has a point though- just how many times can you manipulate the system to get your kid noticed/recruited? At some point don't you think it hurts the kid and the parents have made some bad decisions. After all- not every kid that is left back will get recruited. It's a hard pill to swallow and I think the kid suffers the consequence, and yet the parents are to blame. As a parent I can't imagine having my kid repeat a grade and leaving HS knowing it was all in vain and nothing came from that life changing decision. It's definitely a risk and while it will pay off for some, it won't for all.