Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
L.i. Has a much larger population to pull from.
so that gives you the O.K. to cheat? If your state can't support the amount of clubs than stop creating clubs. Field 1 or 2 and compete on an even playing field against our 4 or 5. Don't cheat and say we have more kids to choose from to justify it. Our boys are just better admit it, they train harder, spend more time on the wall, and play better team ball and no matter how much money you spend that will be the case for the foreseeable future.On L.I. it is still a scarlet letter to be held back a year (recalassed if you like but held back is what it is). No matter how much of a bias you people down south create our boys are still better. Maybe U.S. lacrosse should move there headquarters to the Island so they can see lacrosse played without the holdback cheaters then maybe they will change the rules. Despite what you outsiders think in Md. Pa. and N.E. we don't have the reclass problem here, like you guys do there. Go read the Chaminade thread on this site and you can see that it is basically a vilified practice that will get you shunned on L.I.

With the exception of the private school kids, holding back is viewed the same way by most Marylanders. Unfortunately, the holdbacks all seem to gravitate to the same teams ie Crabs who then go out and represent themselves as The best of Maryland. There are kids in Maryland who work just as hard as most of the kids on LI (obviously remove Crush from this as those boys are disciplined)and the rest of us don't appreciate being tarnished because of the MIAA. Also unfortunately, the holdback kids who do not make Crabs end up sprinkled amongst some of the other teams which is very frustrating to on age kids who work hard. My sons team has zero holdbacks and is competitive -are they the best? No, but they are honest which to us is much more important.