Originally Posted by Anonymous
Pre-first, then 8th grade version 2.0 at Boys' Latin is how. Standard recipe in the MIAA. There is hardly such a thing as a 14 year old 9th grade lacrosse player anymore. Sad but true.

The best senior in the country, Conrad, just graduated High School at age 18. That means he was 14 starting 9th grade, like you're supposed to be. They're still out there.

Ummm, no it doesn't

Uhh, yes it does. The article in November of 2012 listed him as a 15 year old sophomore. So in 2014 he was a 17 year old senior who I assume turned 18 some time during the school year.

For the poster who said "pick one kid as a specimen sample". I didn't just pick one kid, I picked the best player in the country who just won the UA all star game MVP and is on the U-19 final 50. This BS that all MIAA schools play with older kids just simply isn't true of the Catholic schools. There may be a few kids here and there that have been held back for academic reasons or a kid who started at a school that has pre-first then moved over later but they are by far the exception rather than the rule. My kid is the correct age for his year so this isn't an issue for me. I do think that the MIAA should start to enforce the rule that you may not play a sport if you turn 19 prior to August 31st.

Ummm, no it doesn't