I took a PG year in football. That year we had 9 PG's on the team and we ran through everyone. There were times we were playing against sophomores and the refs asked us to tone it down. The PG year worked for me as I was a D2 D3 kid who ended up getting offers and serious looks from many D1AA schools. Many of them great academic schools. Point is, this notion that in HS being one year older doesn't matter, well thats nonsense. Back in the day we decided on PG years (in football) if we thought it would help us get into the school or schools we wanted to. I'm not opposed to the hold back craze. I do think in the Middle School grades that there still should be some sort of age cut off. I may plan to hold my kid back. The difference is I would still have him play with his current team I just would have him go to his grad year at showcase events not normal club tournaments. There is no justification if you have a summer birthday kid say June who starts school late and then reclasses later. Way to large of an age disparity and physical maturity.