Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looneys, breakers, fca all have hold backs. They are all about even.

Curious why you would say that? Hardly even close..Crabs have the most by far.

doubtful that it is by far, I would imagine the number on each team would be pretty close.

Keep telling yourself that while you click your heels twice. See if it comes true. Crabs have the most not even close

This is ridiculous. Almost all kids that go to MIAA schools starting in kindergarten are put in pre-first. By your logic, almost all of these kids play for crabs which is just simply untrue. Unless you have some proof that all the private school kids that play for FCA, Breakers, Looneys, etc did not go to prefirst you should really not speak. I know for a fact that the Looneys 2019 green team has several kids that went to prefirst at Gilman and a couple other schools. This is NOT just a Crabs issue. None of the other Maryland clubs have the right to complain because they have access to the same kids as Crabs does. I can understand the LI teams being upset about it and I can understand parents of kids that are at normal age for their grade being upset as well. I fall into the latter and my son lost his spot a couple years ago on a team(not Crabs by the way) due to there being three kids repeating 8th grade. But guess what? He found a new team and has no issues. We baby our kids enough these days. Having to play lacrosse against a kid a year older than them is not going to hurt them in any way.

More important to teach kids to deal with not having to "reclass" just to be competitive. The real "babying" is reclassing your kid and teaching him it is okay to manipulate the system just to get an edge. The majority of the kids are on Crabs because they encourage it and the kids want to go where they will fit in with others who manipulate the system. The victories are truly tainted and the respect is not there from the opponents because of it. Just heard of another Crabs kid reclassing despite all As in his current private school (guess which one) and this kid is already significantly bigger than the kids in his current grade. Next year we will see him playing a year below and pretty sure his younger brother will be reclassed the following year just to stay on Crabs and pursue "the dream"

I don't know which school "which one" referred to, but my son is in 8th grade at BL. There is one kid repeating 8th grade in his class that plays for Crabs. There was a kid that was in his class that is repeating 7th grade this year, but he does not play for Crabs. None of the prefirst kids play for Crabs. They play for MLC, FCA, Greene Turtle and Koopers. My other son is in 5th grade at BL and more than half of that class went to prefirst. My son is the only one in the class that plays for Crabs and he did not go to prefirst. The prefirst kids play for Greene Turtle and a couple other clubs.

So yes, Crabs parents are going to ask for the numbers. I'm not arguing that Crabs has some over age kids. My son's team has 5. But, I know for a fact that other teams have the same amount. Looneys, Breakers, FCA, Greene Turtle all have several prefirsts. Yet it's Crabs that "encourages and promotes" this? Many of those kids tried out for Crabs and didn't make it.

Again, as a parent of on age kids, I don't like it. But, Crabs is single out in this and they are far from the only club taking advantage of the system.