[quote=Crabbiedad]The venom is amazing when you think we are talking about kids lax. Someone asked me questions early to answer and unfortunately I'm just the dad of a age appropriate Crab player and not privy to some of the information you seek. The added kids at beachlax played with us in some events last summer as well. including when we lost to Team 91 last year.

So you have been cheating in previous years and you were "privy" to it. Again please read this slowly, this is not a holdback issue. When you have "tryouts" in August, if the 19's are repeating 8th grade then they should try out for the 20's. They should not have been added to another teams roster in the middle of the season to win a tournament. It's cheating, plain and simple. Just because you have always done it, doesn't mean it is right. You throw in the comment about losing to 91 last year. Does that mean if you cheat and lose, it's not really cheating.....your logic escapes me

They are holdback 7th graders and will be on the 2020 Crabs team next year as well. In my time in club lacrosse I've seen different kids added to teams all the time. The original purpose of club was to set events that put the best kids against each other.

I never complained about holdbacks, in fact I specifically said it was not about holdbacks. When the kids "tryout" in August and the 19's become 20's, at the end of the day it is what it is. In my 30 plus years coaching, I know kids are added to rosters for certain tournaments, kids of age are certainly different than getting out the Flux Capacitor on a Sunday night, having a group of 13 year olds run through it and pretend they are 12 and expect everyone to believe it.

As for switching seeds....I don't follow u and it's hard to argue one side of bracket is easier then other in a lot of these tournaments because their are so many close games.

I never said easier, did I?, it's funny how you are "privy" to what you consider all of the positive sides of the "great club", but seem to not be "privy" to all of the negative sides of the "great club". I will explain, last week at Crabfeast after pool play on Saturday the "great club" should have been seeded 5th and played Team 91, King Crab graciously gave up his 5th seed to Prime Time and became the 6th seed and played the 3rd seed. When you got to the semis, FCA was seeded 1, Mesa Fresh seeded 2, the "great club" represented the 3 seed and Prime Time represented the 4 seed. In my time in club lacrosse, I have always seen 1 play 4, 2 play 3 in that situation. Maybe this is cutting edge technology and maybe it's in part to their great coaching, I don't know the reason, but I would love to hear one because in these semis 1 played 3, 2 played 4. I think I know the reason, but didn't want to assume.

Most of our kids are from Gilman, BL and sorruounding counties. No different the other AA club teams.

Ummmm......Gilman and BL are schools, not counties. I didn't say it was different, was replying to the inference that all of the little crabbies were homegrown and good old Baltimore Blue Crabs right out of the harbor, when in fact that is just not the case.

As for pompous and arrogant parents...well what can I say. ...I'm better then you and everyone knows it. Like I said before you can hate on Crabs because of a few or you can appreciate the hard work of many good people that have helped many young lacrosse players reach their goals.

I think it would be the other way, I think the few are the quiet humble people, I think the mass is the blowhards like you who bury their head in the sand and just keep saying nothing to see here, please move along. I know the kool-aid is good and cold, but maybe you should put the cup down and back away and look at the big picture, but you better and smarter than me so I know you won't.

I'm confused about another comment...r we upset about kids age or their size and weight. Because we have many big 13 year olds on our team. Are they cheaters too because they are just really big for their age. My son is 13 and has been shaving for a year...is he a cheater. Sillingness...if your kid is small and you and he decide to play a contact sport then that as a decision you make and isn't the fault of " big kids ".

Not my comment, so have no idea what the poster was asking, but good attempt to cloud the discussion again