Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ok let me ask everyone a question? When your son was being recurited did they ask for his birthday anytime during the process? I am thinking they do. I think the college scouts are smart enough to tell if a kid is good or just older. And if they are not they will learn to be if they get burned enough. So I do not think its that big of a advantage. The safety issue I can see. But the only real way to fix that at the youth level is do weight ins like football. I have seen kids way young be way huge. I have seen kids play lacrosse because they where to big to play youth football.

We were never asked about a birth date and it was never mentioned in our recruiting experience with a 2017. Our 2017 is not a holdback. One school did suggest reclassifying and we shot that down immediately because he is a good student. That no coach asked also does not impress much on me since the recruiting process always begins with an online recruit info sheet which includes grades, scores d.o.b among other things. I don't think college coaches really care if these kids are 15 or 25 as HS freshmen.

Son is a 2018, had 4 visits, 2 more to come and has 3 offers.
NOT ONE ASKED HIS AGE!!!!!