[/quote]

You added unrostered kids to this particular game because your coach felt he could not do it without those kids. You took the playing time away from the kids that deserved to play and do their best. What message is that sending to the lacrosse world? We switch our kids because we have no faith? We must win because we cannot face defeat? We do not care about loyalty... so give us your money. How can you not see what the coach did that game was wrong on so many levels. So what that the kids are reclassing to 2020 because they could not hack 2019- who gives them the right to take away the spot of a 2020 kid that game? Grow up and stop coddling your kids- having them play down is seriously sad, desperate and screams LOSER. They need some extra time to get recruited, then have the school ask them to do a PG year. Playing down is a weak move and is unfair to true aged kids on that team. How can you not see that playing your kid down is a desperate move? So glad our teams play up and challenge themselves. Coaches will look far more impressively on a kid that can hang with older kids, than those that hang with younger ones. Think this through... does it make any more sense to you now? [/quote]

My point is, they are being called cheaters. My sons are on age and I'm not a fan of all the holdacks. However, complaining that they "cheated" sounds like whining. I hear your point and agree that it is unfortunate that some of the kids were benched for the day. But, no rules were broken. The fact is, T91 lost. They want to say crabs cheated by bringing kids down, but it was a grade based tournament and every kid that played in beach lax will graduate in 2020. T91 knew the rules going in. There were age based divisions available. You can't put your team in the grade-based division and then complain that another team has older kids. You and I know that ALL TEAMS had players throughout the tournament season. Not just Crabs. People dislike RM and the Crabs in general. FCA has as many holdbacks as Crabs does and they routinely bring down some of their 2019s(who are 2020s) to play in games. Why is Crabs singled out in this?[/quote]

Well I think Crabs is being singled out because they brought in players that technically are not 2020 until they set foot in school the following year- this would go for any team that does this as well. What is to say that they will not change their minds? Technically, any kid can say they are switching schools and repeating. What is stopping a family of thinking better of their decision and keeping their kid on grade? I am not saying this is the case, but than T91, Sons, Breakers, etc can all show up with new kids for a game here and there and say they will be repeating a grade. I read the rules as such: 2020 means that is the grade you just completed for graduation- not the one you plan on completing graduation requirement. That smells too much of Edge playing a whole team down saying they PLAN to PG. Who is to say that this is the case. Next year when these players show that they were ridiculous enough to repeat a grade to play with younger kids and actually walk the walk, then they should be on that field with the 2020 team, but until then- they really are not 2020. At this stage in the game- they have completed 8th grade and are on par for completing graduation requirements for 2019. While my kid and many have taken 3 or more 8th grade classes in 7th grade, they could not complete the requirements at this time to graduate in 2019. This is the difference- these "supposed holdbacks" can still graduate in 2019 and until they repeat/start their 8th grade year, it is not official. Frankly, I hope they choose not to repeat and think again, as it really is a sad state to want to play with younger kids so you look better and put your education behind lacrosse. Where are good values and priorities with these families?