Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Honestly... I feel sorry for America. My grandfather watched Kamikazes fly into surrounding ships. My father's draft number came up for Viet Nam as a breadwinner and sole provider. My mother used to get a month off of school to pick potatoes. She was paid by the basket. Our generation takes the time ... on a youth lacrosse forum ... to whine about the "risks of fence jumping."

Here is my desire from lacrosse:

I want my kid to compete hard, commit himself to his team, check his limits, learn when its smart to play wide open and when its smart to dial it down, respect opponents and challenge them with his very best. Win with dignity, lose with dignity. Play for something bigger than himself. In between games, I want him to JUMP FENCES, knock back bullies, be kind to younger lacrosse players and kids who come to admire his play.

With those desires in mind, it's hard to be disappointed in the youth lacrosse experience whatever tournament you play in or whatever team you play for.

All this whining about “the Crabs”, “3d”, “holdbacks”, blah blah blah, its a fun read sometimes (like the crime blotter), but for the most part I’m embarrassed. If I was an enemy of United States, I would print off a copy of posts from this forum and hand them out to my soldiers. If they didn’t think they could kick our pansy, affluent, lazy asses before they read it… they would rapidly change their minds. Parents, please grow a pair … soon.

I did something none of your sons will do, compete in the Olympics. When you get there, this is the humble speech read off and it brings tears at the opening ceremony: "The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not to win but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well."

Winning is competing hard and competing well regardless of the level. Maybe if parents and clubs ran their affairs with some dignity this sport could be a lot more fun.

First of all, who are you to tell people they will never compete in the Olympics?

Second, I think people who do participate want to win. Isn't that the point?

If your not a winner, your a ........ Fact!