Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They should just post the rosters for each team on the app or website. Even better to include picture of each kid but I suppose that would take too much effort.

If it stopped teams from using unrostered players I would be all for this. I don’t care what age they are, people are sick and tired of watching others bend the rules and then having to jump through hoops to prove or challenge it. It’s a shame that’s what youth athletics has come to but with todays technology this isn’t even hard to implement. The coaches have to have visible badges to be on the field, why stop there? The only people against things like this are those who like to take advantage of the loose enforcement on rosters that currently exists.

You don't think it's reasonable that to challenge your True MD opponent's 5 6'3" players with luggage tags on their sticks, for a roster check, that you have to point a sun dial into the setting sun of Troy Park, within 174 seconds of the beginning of the 3rd faceoff in the 1st quarter, and pay the lead referee an offering of 24 blood-stained Turkish gold dubloons and speak the magic prayer of the Ricky Dubois Honorific Masonic Temple, hoping that the dark portal of the transdimensional abyss doesn't open up?

I think it's perfectly reasonable (kidding) but the enormous hassle of challenging rosters/games is absolutely 100% why in 7+ years of watching Hoco ball, I have witnessed an entire ONE roster check (resulted in 5 out of state, unrostered True players being removed from the field).

And on top of this, yeah I do find it funny that the Crabs, VLC, and ML coaches seem to be the only ones allowed to "postpone" their games in this league. Out of 30+ clubs, everybody else's requests are denied (and True has tried very, very hard to get into the short list of clubs with special privileges). The blatant preferential treatment, I guess, is a holdover from Ricky's predecessor.