Originally Posted by Anonymous
Help if you are in the know with certain teams. My data is from parents on each of these teams. Should be pretty accurate.

Crabs - 13 holdbacks
Team 91 - 3-4 holdbacks
FCA - 2 holdbacks
Loonies - 1-2 holdbacks
Hawks - 1 holdback
Rising Sons - unknown

Crabs clearly favorite to win league but could be beat by any of these teams if they have off day. Crabs could literally play entire starting team with 9th grade age kids. Difference I see is Crabs coaching not at same level as Kelly, Million, Hogan, and Grimes. Watching Crabs play they run very predictable and basic offensive sets. Just have studs that can execute because bigger and more athletic then most teams. RM and AS not great lax IQ and may cost them games against better lacrosse minds teaching game at higher level. Either way 2020 is great class with many kids that will play at next level.

I predict Loonies as upset winners. They are very well coached and improve as year goes on. Thoughts?

FCA has more than 2. Looney has more than 1-2. Rising Sons has their kids' birthdates on the website. Depending on how you define holdback they could have 2 or 5. Know nothing about Hawks.

Some will disagree but to me there is a big difference between a kid with a summer birthday, who starts kindergarten a year late, and an otherwise perfectly normal kid who repeats 8th grade *just* to look better on the lacrosse field. Every team probably has a couple of the former, the Crabs promote and pursue the latter - and the parents are willing accomplices. Big difference.

I disagree. Just because it is closer to the Sept 1 of MD school year/USL cutoff doesnt make player less of a holdback/prefirst/reclassify. It still is gaming system. Youth sports should not be classified by grade..it should be age. If that is May 1..so be it...But drop the grade letting select kids in,, make it a certain age and let all in...

In an age based system August 31 and September 01 same thing, by your logic August 31= HOLDACK, sounds a little silly to me, but I agree that age based is the way to go.