Originally Posted by Anonymous
Someone he is not allowed to play for Looneys in the spring. I assume Looneys needed the win to make sure they can make playoffs.

Game should be a forfeit as anyone who has played high school can not play this league per their own rules. The player has played the whole high school season with his Florida team. The team they played should pay the 50.00 protest fee and have the game forfeited. It is getting ridiculous that Howad county is ignoring ALL of their own rules and pandering to certain teams. Look it up-it is very clearly written. Shameful as Crabs. Shame on HoCo.

Ok, how many holdbacks does your sons team have? It really isn't none of your business. I'm not associated with Crabs or the team with the FOGO from Fl., but I'm not butting in and yelling like you are. Let the kids play. You should just mind your own business and STFU.

The rules are the rules. Holdbacks have nothing to do with this particular rule. You cheat; you forfeit. The rules are very clear and it was done knowing the rule as published to ALL the teams. This league is a sham. How do you know...maybe I am with Looneys...maybe with Crabs and maybe not either but sick of teams doing whatever they want regardless of rules. Hard to believe with your fury that you are not a Looneys parent who got caught. The nonsense needs to end, have some sportsmanship and follow the rules.

Wrong, I am not with Looney's, never have been. My fury comes from people on this board who are not associated with either team involved and yet yell and scream forfeit. Look, the holdbacks are also breaking the true rule/guideline of HOCO and every team in 2020 elite has, to some extent, holdbacks. Maybe not as many as Crabs but they have them. So you are saying its ok to violate the true/intended guideline on grade but not on this. This player is a kid, in the 8th grade yet good enough to play on his varsity school team. So lets go after him and his team and make them forfeit the game.
Don't you have better things to do than this.
I do know from a reliable source than this kid won't be going to school in Florida this fall, he will be going to McDonogh, so now find something to yell about that.

I assume you're a parent and not some kid posting. So assuming you are an adult, you should know what it means to have things like integrity and character. This isn't an indeitment of the kid, but the coaches first and foremost followed by the parents.

Rules are rules, and in this case fairly black and white. Whether he is good enough to play varsity is completely irrelevant. What's lost in this current cesspool of youth lacrosse are the things parents and coaches pretend to espouse as values. We're building men of character, values blah blah blah. [lacrosse]. You're enabling kids to say it's ok to bend every rule possible or simply break them to get ahead. Well done. And America wonders why kids these days don't emulate previous generations that made this country great. It starts with people like you.

Yes, I am a parent of a 2020 elite player, but not on either of the two teams involved in this situation.
Do I like the fact that youth lacrosse has taken a turn for the worst, no I do not. I strongly feel the holdback situation is way out of control and this league and every other should go back to age base, that quickly solves the question of where a player plays. This player in question, the FOGO, does not even know the rules we are talking about, none of the players know this type of guidelines, it's the league who wrote the guidelines and the coaches, who should review and know them.
What I question is parents/fans who are not involved with these two teams quickly jumping in and causing mayhem. If the opposing team has no problem with it we should leave it alone. Perhaps the two coaches discussed this with the league and all were ok with this, who knows. Were the guidelines broken, yes, but the league may be showing flexibility, who knows. I have been told this player only comes up for maybe two games during the spring season. Does that make it right, no, but again the league showing some flexibility. I have no problem with him playing. My major problem is the holdbacks and how some teams (Crabs) completely violates the true spirit of grade base lacrosse. Having 16 year olds playing against 13/14 year olds is completely wrong, but the league looked the other way for Crabs.
It may seem that I am contradicting myself, and I guess I am, but for people to start demanding the other team file a protest and ask for a forfeit is not needed.
For me player safety is top priority and the holdback situation puts that in question.
I feel most of the players have character and most are good kids, at this point let's let them play and hopefully have a good time.ttt