Actually, I believe that the tournament organizers may play a bigger role in enforcing the age groups next year. They may enforce the younger ages and allow the older ages to be grade based BUT WHO KNOWS. Hogan and Beach lax only put in grade-based divisions last year, so just another change but next year will be ...? The HOCO league could also make a difference by announcing their guidelines during the summer. It is going to be interesting next year what clubs are going to do. I have a feeling that the clubs do not know themselves.

As far as crabs, the landscape of club lacrosse is different than a few years ago. There are a lot of clubs (about 40 clubs in 2020) to choose from, so the top players have a choice of where to play. Crabs has good younger teams but without the number of holdbacks, they do not dominate as they did in the past.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Will be nice to see the chickens come home to roost when the switch to age based teams happens. The scourge of reclassifying has really damaged youth lacrosse. Sad.

You do realize that the on age kids will just come back to crabs if this does happen.

Though judging by the Crabs tryouts information on their site for next year, they are not switching to age based so I doubt anyone else is either.