Originally Posted by Anonymous
So was this why True KP 26 dropped out of the playoffs ? Coincidence that it paved the road for Hoco 26 to the finals and that True KP badly beat Hoco during regular season ? And because of it, Hoco 26 deserves to move up to AAA....right.

True KP and Baltimore are combining this year. Forming a HoCo AA and B team.
My son was sent to the B team. But was told he can still try out for the True state team.
So he wasn't good enough for the A team, but he could make the state team?
???
I'm not believing a word out of their mouths at this point. If it wasn't so late in the process we'd be gone.[/quote]

If your kid can basically play (throw, catch, dodge, defend, communicate), and he or she shows up to a True tryout, they'll see:
1) There aren't a lot of kids at the tryout
2) Half or more of the kids at the tryout cannot throw and catch, even at 8th-9th grade.

I saw the head honchos of KP at some True clinics in summer of 2020. They saw what I saw........the kids who could play had KP, HLC, FCA helmets on. Kids who would not be joining True Balt. Which leaves........the other kids. Yet KP still pulled the trigger on selling to True, which in retrospect sure looks dense.

OF COURSE True would eat their identity.

OF COURSE True would kill their logo.

OF COURSE True would jack up the fees.

OF COURSE True would eat their best rosters.

I don't even blame True, this is just how they roll. KP was a great organization and it has to be said that someone (in KP) knew very well that the transaction would kill KP, and they made the sale anyway. Oh well?[/quote]

KP hasn't been sold to True. Most of the KP 2026 top team moved to True Baltimore. KP has teams 2026-2031 plus MYLA and in-house at Tyker. I think there are 2024 and 25 teams playing next summer[/quote]

True either "bought out" or "bought a controlling share" of Kelly Post Club in August 2020. The KP travel (rec MYLA) and in-house teams are operated by Towson Rec Council.[/quote]

Nope. You can't buy or sell a rec program. True KP teams pay an additional fee to have access to skills training and opportunity to tryout for state/national teams[/quote]

YOu can't sell a REC program. But many of the club teams that are connected to a rec program for use of their fields etc, are operated as a separate entity. The "club" version of many programs are often run as a separate entity from the rec side because they require independent fundraising and different, less standardized billing. If the club team protion was run as a separate entity, they could in fact sell.