Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not ALL the elite clubs have holdbacks. Some may have late birthdays or pre-first kids. Certainly most of them don't have multiple 16 years olds on an 8th grade team (Crabs). As a municipal government - Howard Co. has a responsibility to at least provide some oversight to insure the safety of the children playing. They are failing miserably in that regard. One look at the Crabs roster an birthdates and any idiot could see something isn't right.

I would expect SOMEONE in the Howard County government to say that 16 year olds in 8th grade is not a natural grade progression and those kids cannot play. They are complicit by their silence.

Whatever. All the clubs knew the deal when they joined the league. ALL THE CLUBS ARE COMPLICIT IN THIS. I've never heard Kevin Doyle complain or the Kellys or Matt Hogan or any other club director from the top teams. Unlike the idiots on here, they understand what a grade-based league is. HOCO provides up to 4 divisions for teams to play in for each age. If you don't want to play against those kids, play in one of the other 3 options. No one forced your club to play there, but I'm guessing your club doesn't.