Originally Posted by Anonymous
Come on man - multiple holdbacks on all the teams? Don't deflect. No other organizations success (beating younger kids) is based on a systematic approach of putting older kids on the field. I look forward to this nonsense coming to an end in 2017.

I saw the Crabs play date at BL a few weeks ago. It borders on comical to see them play other 2020 teams. Old kids vs young kids. Weak.

Nothing is coming to an end in 2017. USL has no jurisdiction over what the clubs do. They will just start another league if HOCO goes age based. And they don't play in any USL sponsored tournaments anyway.

Crabs has already posted tryout info for next year and it's grade based. It will stay that way because that's what college coaches want. The role of club lacrosse is to get the boys noticed by college coaches, that's what we are paying for. The fact that so many pay so much money to third rate clubs is a shame, but as long as parents are willing to pay it, there will be more and more clubs.

It's not all about getting noticed by colleges for everybody- maybe that is why the crabs goes to such extremes to game the system. Single focus. Some kids play because they enjoy it and club gives them more practice time, access to coaches, longer season and different groups of kids. Shame that some think only about the college angle for a tiny bit of $$ in this sport. They are ruining it for the majority.

No one thinks it's about the money. But a lot of these lacrosse schools are difficult to get into, even with good grades. If lacrosse helps a kid get into a school, the $4000 scholarship is irrelevant.

So you are spending $2000/yr so your kid gets more practice time? I don't buy it. All clubs promote the colleges their players go to. IT IS THEIR PRIMARY FUNCTION. It's not a shame that people think about the college angle. It should be the sole reason that you are paying $2000 plus travel. Otherwise, stick to rec and playing for your school.