Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don't have a dog in this fight but from afar I can't understand what all of the bitterness is about. The intent of an "elite" league is to have the best possible competition. Why would you sign up for an elite league and then get mad when other teams bring in great players. Those players are enhancing your son's experience not detracting from it. If your son is a FOGO you should want him to face the kid from Florida. By all accounts the games have been extremely competitive. You are lucky to have such a great league without having to travel. If the trophy and bragging rights are so important to you, sign up for an easier league.

I guess you forgot the MAIN thing..This is YOUTH lacrosse with children playing from 9 to 14 years of age. Well supposedly 2020/U14 is 14 at most but with the ignorant HOCO rules you can be whatever.It isnt HS MIAA or College or Pro, its YOUTH. Did you forget that???? You do remember the concept of youth sports?

It is great that it is ELITE..But it is YOUTH and there should be no special advantage to certain children that have been held back, even at ELITE level. The special kids will get their advantage on school teams. Not YOUTH sports.