s, I am a parent of a 2020 elite player, but not on either of the two teams involved in this situation.
Do I like the fact that youth lacrosse has taken a turn for the worst, no I do not. I strongly feel the holdback situation is way out of control and this league and every other should go back to age base, that quickly solves the question of where a player plays. This player in question, the FOGO, does not even know the rules we are talking about, none of the players know this type of guidelines, it's the league who wrote the guidelines and the coaches, who should review and know them.
What I question is parents/fans who are not involved with these two teams quickly jumping in and causing mayhem. If the opposing team has no problem with it we should leave it alone. Perhaps the two coaches discussed this with the league and all were ok with this, who knows. Were the guidelines broken, yes, but the league may be showing flexibility, who knows. I have been told this player only comes up for maybe two games during the spring season. Does that make it right, no, but again the league showing some flexibility. I have no problem with him playing. My major problem is the holdbacks and how some teams (Crabs) completely violates the true spirit of grade base lacrosse. Having 16 year olds playing against 13/14 year olds is completely wrong, but the league looked the other way for Crabs.
It may seem that I am contradicting myself, and I guess I am, but for people to start demanding the other team file a protest and ask for a forfeit is not needed.
For me player safety is top priority and the holdback situation puts that in question.
I feel most of the players have character and most are good kids, at this point let's let them play and hopefully have a good time.ttt
[/quote]

You can not pick and chose which rules to follow. The team is breaking the rules - period. Change the rule next year if all teams agree. Not mid way during the season when the expectation was that no player would be playing high school. It is not up to anyone to offer flexibility or to interpret the clearly written rule. All elite team players, coaches and families have a say in wanting the league to follow their own rule - not just the two teams directly involved this week. Nobody should be put in the position of having to okay the change of a rule. Get rid of the rule in the future if you find it problematic.