Originally Posted by Anonymous
CRABS 2020 through 6th grade lost to VLC, Rough Riders, Loonies, Rising Sons and Team Ninety One. 7th Grade they lost to Loonies, Edge, Team 91. 8th grade they haven't lost to anyone yet and probably wont. They went from 3 holdbacks in 6th grade to over 10 in 8th grade...there is a prytern....more holdbacks...less losses..they know what they are doing.

The farce in all of this is that if your son is on age and is playing in either the 2021, or 2020 Hoco "Elite Divisions" he is effectively "playing up," against boys one to two years older. This is not by choice, but because the dominant teams are loaded with hold backs who are choosing to play down. The result is predictable and dangerous and the adults who theoretically are responsible (and even more theoretically should care) do and say nothing and pretend that this is nothing more than healthy competition.

The "big boys" win by literally running over their opponents; not because of their athletic skill, but due to their size and bulk. A 6 inch difference in height and 50 pound difference in weight are decisive advantages, particularly when that is replicated across an entire team.

Please do not recycle the argument that its "almost" high school where there is a four year age span. It may "almost" be high school, but it is still supposed to be youth lacrosse.
CRABS 2020 through 6th grade lost to VLC, Rough Riders, Loonies, Rising Sons and Team Ninety One. 7th Grade they lost to Loonies, Edge, Team 91. 8th grade they haven't lost to anyone yet and probably wont. They went from 3 holdbacks in 6th grade to over 10 in 8th grade...there is a prytern....more holdbacks...less losses..they know what they are doing.

The farce in all of this is that if your son is on age and is playing in either the 2021, or 2020 Hoco "Elite Divisions" he is effectively "playing up," against boys one to two years older. This is not by choice, but because the dominant teams are loaded with hold backs who are choosing to play down. The result is predictable and dangerous and the adults who theoretically are responsible (and even more theoretically should care) do and say nothing and pretend that this is nothing more than healthy competition.

The "big boys" win by literally running over their opponents; not because of their athletic skill, but due to their size and bulk. A 6 inch difference in height and 50 pound difference in weight are decisive advantages, particularly when that is replicated across an entire team.

Please do not recycle the argument that its "almost" high school where there is a four year age span. It may "almost" be high school, but it is still supposed to be youth lacrosse.
I'm so right I'll post it twice
Please go back to Rec.....You and your kid do not belong in club if you are complaining about the competitiveness of club....Rec has it's place, and it's a great fit for you. I for one want my kids to play the best competition no matter what age/grade formula. That's why my kids play for great clubs and I don not complain about other clubs when they win... Calling them cheaters is bush league.. Go back to Rec....It needs you

Such an original response from the people ruining youth lacrosse. Go collect your trophies and tell your man boys how wonderful they are for beating up on younger kids and then tell them you did it to them to make up for their inability to compete with the grade they belong.

Ahh....Thank you for clearing this up. Now I understand; as you say....

"you and your kid do not belong in club if you are complaining about the competitiveness of club.

This is rich on several levels.

First, while my son participates on two club teams (one of which plays in the HOCO 2021 Elite Division), I do not and I do not pretend to “belong in club”. I am a little old for club lacrosse and I suspect you are too. Seems like someone might be living a bit vicariously through their son (hint it’s not me).

Second, from your comment, I gather I cannot complain because (as you say) competition "...no matter what age/grade formula..." (and against kids who are playing down), is always good and builds character (after all, we are all men but some of us are more manly than others). If playing up and seeking the best competition you can is “good” what does this say about the hold backs and their coaches and parents who actively are seeking to have their sons and their teams play against younger, less competitive teams? Are they seeking the "best competition," or they seeking the best record for a trophy and bragging rights?

Third, is your son a hold back? If so, using your own argument, perhaps you and your son do not belong in club lacrosse since that would presumably mean that you and your son are not seeking the best competition.

Man it must be tough to climb down from that high horse of yours.....Your really full of yourself (as I would say)