Originally Posted by Anonymous
Pretty clear now that regular season is done that Crabs is still most dominant club in Maryland. Hawks #2 in wins. Say what you want about Crabs but they don't play this daddy ball, daddy's friends with Coach that most these other clubs seem to run their teams with.

2023 - 6-0
2022 - 5-1
2021 - 6-0
2020 - 5-1

Crabs is still the best club team around but the gap is narrowing quite a bit. Multiple teams are knocking at the door...
No other club even close.

No, they just play the "let me field a team 1-2 years old than the other teams"' to win a youth lacrosse game.

Stop whining. No one on the 2022 or 2023 is born before spring of 2003/2004 for their grade. And the 2021s only have a few holdbacks. Come up with another excuse.

Only a few... ThIs is too funny! Not that you think the number is over estimated, but you say only a few - what-5/6 as if it's normal. Remember if any kid is worth their weight- they'd be playing up, not down.

If I was a parent of any holdback, I'd be worried if my team full of holdbacks was only beating other teams by 1 goal, losing or even in very competitive games with other on age teams. The holdbacks clearly can't "hold their own" even if they are 1-2 yrs older than their opponents. Remember parents, before you make a life changing decision for your kid, weigh the risks. Your kid may not be a game changer even on a younger team and in the long run may show better against kids his own age- at least the recruiters won't see him in evenly matched games or losing against younger kids. I'd think it's got to sting seeing younger kids recruited before your 1-2 yr older son. What happens if it doesn't pan out? Will it be worth it?