Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thanks so much to Derrick Thompson and Howard County for putting together the toughest lacrosse league in the county!!

Congratulations to the champions. This trophy shows an entire season of dedication and effort!

2020 - Looneys over Crabs 8-3
2021 - Crabs over Bethesda 11-5
2022 - Hawks over Team 91 4-3
2023 - Bethesda over Crabs 12-8
2024 - Madlax over Team 9D1 7-3
2025 - Team 91 over Looneys 12-10

It's great to see 6 champions from 6 different clubs.

Surprisingly, only 1 championship for the Crabs.

The former NPYLL teams did took 5 of the 6 championships. Looneys is the only Hoco team from last year to show up in any of the championship games.

If Derrick Thompson is the person responsible for this league , then He should get a special award from USL for turning Maryland Club Youth lacrosse into the cesspool it has become.

::::::::::Why all the anger man? Please get over it... Great season for all. """""""""""

This takes nothing away from the kids and the talent showing up each week.

But having Youth Lacrosse letting select kids play down due to being held back goes against everything that is taught in this country about YOUTH SPORTS.

And especially since ALL other YOUTH programs in Howard County are age base.

Congratulations Derrick Thompson you get the special Slime award of turning Youth lacrosse into a cesspool..

No anger at all..Did you see where I said " takes nothing from kids and talent" ? Kids are kids and do what Adults direct them to do.

Adults ruining YOUTH sports should be called out, thats all???

And Howard County is the facilitator of youth grade base garbage.

Freaking cry baby..
Hoco did a great job facilitating and handling a Club league that folded while keeping up with the REC divisions .. from what it looks like all divisions were very competitive even the HOLDBACK teams.To think that age base is going to magically make your kid better is a farse>> Kids playing with kids in their same grade(since 1st grade) is great for all. Older and younger...2 years older is a big parental problem! and should not be allowed at any level. These boys expect to play on a High school field some day better stop crying about a holdback that is a few months or even a year older.

Start a new league and make every daddy happy whose son feels cheated because is classmate is older than him.

Funny how you only pick out part of that statement and clearly read it wrong. EVERYONE knows that HoCo had a grade base year before NYPll folded. I guess comprehension is lacking as well as being a cry baby.
Actually my son is on the younger side of his team and will always be, playing up and loving it! thats what we teach in this house. there is no helicopter flying over my kids.. 'Tough Guy ', yes we like to think we are and prove it every day of our lives.. Coming on here crying like a [lacrosse] is something I teach my kids never to do ..Cry and blame others for youth games lost. Exact parents my kids will never be around . Hilarious is coming on here blaming and entire league for your kids team failures , its also sad.

Spoken like a true tough guy who has his son playing down.??? LOL, You tough guys letting your sons play down against younger kids are Hilarious..

Yea Tough guy ..HOCO did nothing to facilitate the NPYLL folding???..You couldnt be more wrong...HOCO already had their GRADE BASE LEAGUE prior to NYPLL folding. If anything starting Howard County's grade base league helped facilitate the NPYLL league folding tough guy.
HOCO started youth club in MD down the trail of teams going grade base. They could have been U9,U10,U11,etc like ALL their other leagues....

Like I said howard County gets the Lacrosse award of being a SLIMEBALL.