Originally Posted by Anonymous

This must be a Crabs parent. They are the creators of the cesspool, along with Ryan McClernan and now it seems some employees of the Howard County Rec and Park program, Time to now find out who they are and flush them out. Shouldn't be too difficult. I'm sure they have strong ties with McClernan, who, if I had to guess first contacted them and sold his grade base system. When they jumped onboard, he began his "gaming" the grade base system and it is now where it is today, with
Crabs having sh*t loads of holdbacks. Yes, it is a question of being fair, and that word is not in McClernans vocabulary.

The reality is everyone on the forum will complain about it anonymously but nobody is willing to actually contact the County Executive or somebody that might think twice about the practice. The Lawyers for the County would probably be the most concerned as it would be difficult to defend that it is standard practice for large age differences resulting in large size difference in youth lacrosse and the prevention of avoidable injuries. Maybe they would force them to use USL guidelines of one year for YOUTH lacrosse. [/quote]

What is stopping you? I wonder if they've pondered that and realized that youth lacrosse has been organized by 2 year age groups since the beginning. And that if Hoco said let's change 2020 to u15 probably every 2020 kid (including crabs) would be eligible. My 2020 kid is spring 2002 and not crab, so save the your kid is a hold back response.

BTW- Crabs were not part of the formation of the Hoco league. RM had run the NYPLL until it folded a few weeks ago. That league was actually age based until last season. You can criticize him for many things but this move to grade actually started in NY. Not sure why since their school system is calendar year and thus their grade based teams will average 3-4 months younger if before hold backs[/quote]

Hogan was the one mainly involved with NYPPL - not RM. Crabs were involved the first year with HoCo and their 2020 team played. RM started holdbacks in the mid Atlantic and made it his business model.