Originally Posted by Anonymous
The animosity for the TRUE program cracks me up. If you don't agree with how they do things, don't have your kid play for them. If you don't have a player in the program, and you don't view them as a threat- why bother trashing them? Seems simple enough.

Worst Money Grab Club, Just awful. Which is really saying alot as all clubs are money grabs to some degree.

I dont know. There are some bad money grabs out there.

I think True has a place in the lacrosse landscape. Just know their business model.

Here in MD, it is generally a club "experience" for kids (and parents) who might to struggle to make club teams otherwise. Essentially, if you want to sign up, you can. Never heard of cuts and I know they accept players all year long.

The HQ has been buying Rec level, low-level club programs that used to cost $400-900 per year. Infuses new life by creating new green and black logos and signs those same kids up for about $2000+.

Many of the teams here compete in the A or B (i.e: Rec-level) club division. There are opportunities for their local players to make a state or national team. I hear anecdotally that those opportunities are quite limited. And of varying quality. I believe the MD team went winless in the WSYL qualifiers? Perhaps someone else that knows for sure can speak to that. I saw other True state teams get manhandled in the Hogan tournaments this year. But maybe they were just having a bad weekend. That like every other club or age group can vary.

They will also offer committed kids more training "opportunities." Generally for additional fees.

There is certainly a market for everyone. If that's what your child needs and is looking for, I am fairly certain you can find a roster spot any time of the year. Just reach out.

Basically what you are saying , True is a rec program most of time at Club costs. ...Or as most say...A Money Grab. But at least you can say you play Club !

When my kid started moving through the ranks of club ball, I underestimated the # of parents who were copacetic with "whatever" training and "whatever" results on the field even at "A level" / rec travel level, and would crank open the checkbook........so they could say little Jane and Johnny play "club" ball. There is some level of it all the way up through AAA teams in some years, "yeah we don't win any games but it's elite training!" (but is it?).

Interesting here too that nobody is discussing True Girls Lax which I think suffers the same problems. Tons of training, good PR, coaching seems to be adequate, but don't win a lot of games even against meager/rec competition. I guess to be fair, the girls programs around MD are stacked the same way the boys are, maybe with even a sharper dropoff from Elite to "very not elite."