Originally Posted by Anonymous

The point is most non holdback kids would not try out for Crabs. They are happy with their elite team, and want nothing to do with Crabs, Crabs reputation is well known.
Plus, if all the elite 2020 teams for example, had to move out their holdbacks, most elite teams would lose about 3 to 4 holdbacks while Crabs 2020 would loose 10 holdbacks plus 2 double holdbacks. And to your point about dads being angry, you are way off point. In todays youth lacrosse world Crabs is not respected and many if not most parents would not want their sons to be associated with Crabs. Plus, as previously mentioned, kids talk, they know what Crabs is about and want nothing to do with them.
You are just too hung up on the misguided thought that Crabs is the best and greatest, with and without holdbacks but the truth of the matter is that without holdbacks Crabs is average at best and would remain average after their tryouts to replace their boatload of holdbacks.

What Crab Dad is missing..The landscape has changed in the last few years. Yes the Crabs as recently a few years ago had some outstanding U13 and U15 teams. That is the only youth teams the Crabs fielded. RM has now gone so far with this disgusting holdback issue it has effected how people look at Crabs. That has happened in last two to three years.
If Crabs went back to age base..Many parents would not go out for them as in the past. Many think the Crab Org is POS now .There is way to many teams out there now. In the past, it was limited if you were a great player...

Then how do you explain the fact that there were 200 kids at tryouts for 2020? Probably around 125 for 2021. About 80 for 2022. Saw a lot of helmets of other clubs there. By your theory, all these kids were holdbacks since non-holdback kids won't try out for them now. You're kidding yourself if you really think the majority of people are disgusted with Crabs as you are. Most kids could care less and would still love to play for them

So you are telling me that out of 200 2020 kids they couldn't find 22-24 great players born the right age? Are you telling me that 10 plus 2019 aged kids trained by the Crabs weren't good enough for their own 2019 team and had to be put on 2020? Clearly something isn't right with the Crabs. If they are this amazing club, their players shouldn't need to be older, they should be able to field great on aged teams. This would go for any of the other clubs with more than the 1-2 kids that start school late- which I don't agree with either. It just makes me really question with all that supposed talent showing up why so many kids don't make their own teams and why they have to play younger and on top- why the Crabs can't find enough kids on age to make a talented team. Something must be off- no?

Of course they could pick the 23 best on age kids and have a good team. That's kind of a stupid theory. The teams right now are grade based, so if the older kids are better, why are they keeping younger kids? When/If the rules change to age, they will keep the best 23 on age kids and still be good.

Other parents don't want to admit it, but for the most part, Crabs gets their pick of kids and the rest funnel down to the others. There are kids that stay loyal to their current teams, but I can tell you that there are a lot of helmets of other clubs at crabs tryouts. Someone will say that there are Crabs helmets at other clubs tryouts also which is true. But those kids are there as an insurance if they lose their spot.

Don't buy it. Why are the older kids not playing on their own teams then? Why are they allowing their kids to repeat grades?Why the trickle down affect if the kids are so good. Why are so many playing down and asked to repeat a grade? If YOU CAN play with your peers and you are so GREAT, then why repeat? There is absolutely NO reason to do so. It is grade based and if the kids are so good in each grade there is no reason to play down. If you have 200 kids that are trying out, you cannot tell me that you need kids to repeat a whole year of school ,transfer to another school, leave friends, etc., but they are so good. Talent does not play down. Kids play down because it brings the club money in the form of wins because they play teams with younger kids. Period. We all know that if you could be number 1 with on aged kids, you would not bring older kids in to play. Not a stupid theory at all.

Kids repeat grades because their parents want them to, not because the club does.