Originally Posted by Anonymous
Any thoughts on the Diamondbacks merging with API?

Is this true?

All these kids should just tryout for the new Madlax Maryland team. Same level or higher with a chase to make the Madlax Capital team

Don't understand Madlax's approach. They are basing the Madlax MD team out of Landon and Montgomery County which is already an area they already have a presence in and is already conjested with clubs (club Blue, Bethesda, next level, and many other minor clubs). They are making the 'Capitol' team their A team with both MD and VA kids and two 'B' teams - one for MD and one for VA.

No one out of the Annapolis/Bowie area considering the new API Diamondbacks is going to make the trip for a B level Madlax MD team.

Looks like Rock is reaching north with a merger with Chaos out of [lacrosse], PA.
I agree its a long drive for a B team. But 6 or so Maryland kids per team have been driving to VA for years. They just need to pick up 18 from those Landon area clubs. And this could easily be the best team of that group. Because if your son grows or gets better they have the chance to be moved to the Capitol team. Which is by far the best team for the South MD/DC crowd to play for. I know I sound like a Homer. My son is graduating soon but I want the club to stay at the top.
Homer is not the word that comes to mind if you are trying to sell Madlax to people who have ANY other option. The words I think of are hoodwinked, delusional, moronic and out of touch.