Originally Posted by Anonymous
I said in my original post that my son does go to an MIAA school but is on age. My question is, what are the repercussions of these disadvantages that you think the kids are facing? Is it bad for them to learn to compete against or play with bigger kids? Does it stunt or enhance their development as lacrosse players? My point is, the only disadvantage that they face is that they may not win as much which is completely pointless in middle school anyway. The number of holdbacks is completely blown out of proportion. With the exception of crabs, teams have 3 or 4 max. That leaves 20 roster spots on all these AA teams. So what is the problem? Again I think it bruises the ego me of the parents that their kid doesn't win a championship they can brag about, or they didn't make one of these 20 available roster spots per team and they don't get to wear Crabs, FCA, etc swag.

What is the problem?? And it is all about ego?? That is your response?
This is about all Maryland youth club lacrosse and what goes on in it.This isnt a private school club world where only private school prefirst kids get the advantage. But that is where all your thinking comes from. You can tell by your constant cheerleading for these kids playing down.

You must have bought what is taught to the prefirst kids about them being the leaders of their future grade. That may be the case in the private school environment, but to the rest of Maryland it is BS. Most people including many in private schools feel getting an advantage over other children in youth sports due to being held back is wrong. Every parent does what they think is right for child when it comes to their education, but you dont get an advantage over the same age children in the public area for this.

You say what is wrong with playing older children, it makes you better and they are in your grade Right?..But you want other children to play against much older children out of their age bracket. So in grade OK..Out of age bracket Not OK..You are a Hypocrite and an apologist for holdback mentality in youth lacrosse.