Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Come on man - multiple holdbacks on all the teams? Don't deflect. No other organizations success (beating younger kids) is based on a systematic approach of putting older kids on the field. I look forward to this nonsense coming to an end in 2017.

I saw the Crabs play date at BL a few weeks ago. It borders on comical to see them play other 2020 teams. Old kids vs young kids. Weak.

Nothing is coming to an end in 2017. USL has no jurisdiction over what the clubs do. They will just start another league if HOCO goes age based. And they don't play in any USL sponsored tournaments anyway.

Crabs has already posted tryout info for next year and it's grade based. It will stay that way because that's what college coaches want. The role of club lacrosse is to get the boys noticed by college coaches, that's what we are paying for. The fact that so many pay so much money to third rate clubs is a shame, but as long as parents are willing to pay it, there will be more and more clubs.

That would be great ..Then the Crabs will have the new league to themselves. Most YOUTH teams have very little holdbacks. The MAJORITY of of all clubs in the country would rather have age based teams at the YOUTH level. Only the Crabs and a few others want grade base. They can have at it with the Crabs and form their 3-4 team league.

And I dont buy the logic that College coaches want this?? When did college coaches care about 3rd graders, 4th graders, etc, etc..maybe 9th graders in High School..But that is not youth teams. Most college coaches do not ER at 8th grade. Your argument is lame and sounds like some speech RM of Crabs would give to justify ruining club lacrosse with grade base teams.